Place the following items as well as regular refuse in the garbage. Some of these items are made with two different types of materials and cannot be recycled or composted.
- Aluminum Foil – contaminated with food scraps
- Baby/adults wipesDo not flush wipes, they are not biodegradable
- Candy Wrappers
- Ceramics novelties, pots, etc.
- Diapers – clean or dirty
- Dryer Lint and Dryer Sheets
- Glass Windows
- Juice Boxes and Foil or Coated-Paper Drink Pouches
(Flavored drinks, Hi-C, Juicy Juice, or Capri Sun)
Made of two different materials, not recyclable.
- Meats, Poultry Fish, Seafood, etc.
- MirrorsMade of two different materials, not recyclable.
- Old Worn Out Shoes
Or, drop off at thrift stores or thrift store boxes
- Porcelain and China
Made of clay/glazing, not recyclable
- Potato Chip or Foil Cookie Bags
- Resealable Storage Bags – (Ziploc, sandwich, storage,etc.)
- Polystyrene/Foam plates, cups, packing, etc.
Place pellets into bag & seal
- Palms, Bamboo, or Yucca
These are too fibrous to compost.
- 1. Cut these to smaller pieces.
- 2. Place in garbage.
- 3. The container lid must close.
Please contact the following agencies for more information on garbage services in your area:
- Tulare County:
Place polystyrene in the trash or it may be dropped off at
Tempo Plastic – Visalia
1227 N. Miller Park Ct.
Place polystyrene pellets into bag and seal it. Then place it into the garbage or drop it off at Tempo Plastic.